Thursday, July 2, 2015

C’est Bon 2013 Reserve Selection Chardonnay, Oakville


This wine comes from online retailer Invino’s private label. It is their first release from their Reserve Selection portfolio.
C’est Bon 2013 Reserve Selection Chardonnay is from Oakville with fruit from the Money Road Ranch. We brought this with us on our recent rustic cabin trip to West Virginia.
The cooking chores were divided among the group of friends at the outing. For our dinner, Green Dragon and I (actually just her) decided on cedar plank salmon. My task was to build a hardwood fire in an outdoor grill and cook the fish.
It was mighty difficult to get the fire started. Once ignited it burned with intense flames, causing me to cool off with large amounts of chilled white wine.
Once the salmon was done, I expertly transferred it to a serving dish and the cedar plank was soon engulfed in an inferno. We were soon enjoying some (if I do say so myself) wonderfully cooked salmon paired with a great Napa Chardonnay.
The C’est Bon was part of a mystery half-case that I purchased. We aren’t over-the-top Chardonnay fans, but I was pleased to see this high quality Chard. It comes from one of the top sub-regions of California, located right in the center of Napa Valley.
Lightly oaked, the Chardonnay paired well with the smoky seasoning of the salmon. There were flavors of apple and peach leading to a very dry finish.
The bottle retails for $19.99 and I got it for about $15 via the mystery deal. That’s an outstanding value for a solid Napa Chardonnay.
Rating: 3 of 5  Value: 3.5 of 5

No comments: